Celebrity Engagement Roundup – March 2012
By Devorah Isenberg , Thursday, March 15, 2012 3:55 AM
- Snooki is engaged, and pregnant. America’s favorite party girl is putting down the bottle—after announcing that not only is she pregnant, but also engaged to the baby’s father, Jionni LaVelle. Jersey Shore star Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi announced her engagement after paparazzi caught pictures of her wearing an engagement ring, a custom designed ring consisting of a 3.02 carat princess cut diamond set on a custom-built band with a pavé weighing an additional two carats. Although she had pointed out styles she liked on a previous visit to the New Jersey jewelry store where the ring was purchased, Snooki says she was surprised and excited by the final result.
- Halle Berry finally confirms her engagement. For the last few months, actress Halle Berry has been walking around Hollywood with a yellow gold and emerald ring on her ring finger, leading fans to speculate that she might be engaged to French actor Olivier Martinez, despite having sworn never to marry again after a contentious divorce. This week, Berry confirms that her and Martinez are in fact engaged, and explains that the ring is a deeply personal and symbolic piece set with yellow diamonds and a four-carat emerald, as well as hidden engraved symbols and secret codes.
- Courtney and Ben on The Bachelor – are they or aren’t they? After proposing to the show’s most controversial contestant, Courtney, with a custom-designed three-carat Neil Lane engagement ring on the show’s finale, the final segment of the show (and dozens of tabloids over the last few weeks) reveal that although the couple are currently still engaged (model Courtney was spotted trying on wedding dresses recently), their relationship has gone through some upheaval since the finale was filmed. However, Ben claims that the rumors that he had cheated on Courtney were false, and that although they did break up briefly, the reality-show romance is back on. (For now.)
- Jessica Biel finally reveals engagement ring. After announcing her engagement to singer/actor/designer Justin Timberlake back in January, actress Jessica Biel has made several public appearances, but left the engagement ring at home each time, prompting some fans to wonder if the on-again-off-again couple were actually off again. But on Tuesday, March 13, the 30-year-old actress finally flashed her ring finger to the press—allowing them to get a glimpse at the vintage-style, filigreed diamond engagement ring set with a princess or radiant cut six-carat diamond. Jewelry experts set the value of this bona fide celebrity engagement ring at approximately $130,000.
- Natalie Portman got married secretly. 2010 was actress Natalie Portman’s year in the spotlight, with her Oscar-winning role in the hit drama Black Swan, best-dressed red carpet appearances, engagement to ballet dancer and choreographer Benjamin Millepied, pregnancy, and viral-video-worthy Golden Globes acceptance speech. After flashing her double-halo engagement ring and showing off her baby bump on the red carpet, Portman retreated from the spotlight for a little family time. At this year’s Oscars, she left baby Aleph at home with a sitter, but brought a different accessory—a delicate diamond wedding band nested with her engagement ring. Although the actress has not yet confirmed, her jeweler indicated that Portman and Millepied may have tied the knot earlier this year, in an undisclosed location.
For more specific questions ask our experts