Top Wedding Planning Apps
By Devorah Isenberg
, Friday, August 10, 2012
By Devorah Isenberg
, August 10, 2012
Before you sign that contract with a wedding planner, consider this: if you have a smartphone, you already have one of the most powerful and convenient tools for planning your wedding, already there in your pocket – welcome the Top Wedding Planning Apps.
Of the hundreds of thousands of apps available now for every kind of smartphone, there are dozens, if not hundreds, dedicated to every aspect of the engagement period and wedding—from engagement ring shopping apps to photo-sharing apps that let guests upload their candid snapshots to one organized wedding album. It seems we have entered the age of the iPhone wedding!
If you are planning a wedding, and have an iPhone, you owe it to yourself and your sanity to check out these five iPhone wedding apps, some of the best wedding planning apps out there. In addition to these, the best wedding apps currently available, don’t forget to download the corresponding app for whatever wedding registry you use—stores like Macy’s and Crate and Barrel offer easy registry apps that can help you manage your registry on the go.
1. Wedding Planning Complete – Based on the best-selling Ultimate Wedding Planner and Organizer, this free app is probably the most helpful and most important of the many awesome wedding apps on this list. The complete text of the book is included, with tons of helpful tips and advice—all accessible regardless of mobile connectivity, so you can read it on the subway or anywhere else where you don’t have reception. Plus, there is a fun wedding countdown timer, an interactive budget tracker (probably the most important of all wedding app features) and seating charts, guest lists, contact lists, and other features. Many features sync with your phone, so you can use your existing phone contact lists to create comprehensive guest and RSVP lists.
2. The Knot Wedding Dress Look Book – The popular wedding website presents the ultimate guide to wedding dresses. Every single kind of dress is represented here, in an easily searchable format. Use it for on-the-go shopping and price comparison, or just scroll through it for some bridal inspiration! Narrow down your search by body type, budget, brand or style, then scroll through the detailed listings on each dress. Once you find The Dress, this free app will point you towards the nearest store or website that sells the dress you want.
3. Brides Wedding Genius 2.0 – This updated version of one of the top wedding planning apps now has even more photos and better graphics and user navigation than ever! Along with thousands of photos of dresses, shoes, veils and jewelry, for inspiration and interactive outfit planning (“How would these shoes look with this dress?”), the app offers expert advice, tools for delegating specific wedding tasks (and remembering who you delegated to!) and Inspiration Folders. For an extra $2.99, you can download your own Digital Wedding Binder, for the ultimate in bridal organization.
4. Wedding 911 – No matter how organized you are, you are going to have some last-minute disasters or urgent etiquette questions. This free app—one of the top wedding planning apps in the App Store—offers hundreds of expert answers to questions in every category, from Etiquette, Fashion and Beauty, Ceremony, and DIY. Plus, an interactive message board allows you to ask and answer hundreds of real-life questions from brides around the world.
5. My Wedding Music – Many brides never think about their wedding music after choosing a band or DJ and picking their first dance music. This handy wedding app helps you plan the soundtrack to every moment of your wedding—from the processional to the cake cutting. 30+ videos for inspiration, and 47 full-length classical recordings are all included, plus sheet music is available to purchase in-app.