Famous celebrity engagement rings
By Devorah Isenberg
, Wednesday, June 15, 2011
By Devorah Isenberg
, June 15, 2011
The recent engagement of reality TV diva Kim Kardashian to New Jersey Nets forward Kris Humphries (and maybe more importantly, the incredible 20.5 carat diamond engagement ring
he gave her) has gotten the whole world buzzing about recent celebrity engagements. We want to know all the juicy details—where were they when he popped the question? What did she think of the ring? Where did they meet? And when can we expect pictures of a lavish celebrity wedding? Here is all the juicy celebrity engagement ring
gossip you could want:
- Kris Humphries proposed to Kim Kardashian, his girlfriend of only six months, by writing, “Will you marry me?” in rose petals on her bed and waiting next to it on bended knee with the ring, a $2 million stunner that is one of the most expensive celebrity engagement rings
of all time.
- Kim is having a high-quality cubic zirconia replica made of the incredible ring, with a radiant cut center stone and side stones that will look just like her genuine ring. That way, she doesn’t have to worry as much about losing such an important and valuable piece of jewelry!
- People magazine reports that Kim’s ring is so big, fiancé Kris Humphries was able to fit not one, but three separate inscriptions on the inside. Besides for two Bible verses alluding to love and the perfect woman, Kris had the phrase K hearts K engraved on the inside of her gigantic engagement ring.
- Twilight star Nikki Reed is another celebrity to announce her engagement recently. Reed has only been dating American Idol alum Paul McDonald since March, but they showed up at the MTV Movie Awards earlier this week arm in arm, and Reed proudly displayed a platinum and diamond eternity band she wore as a diamond engagement ring. Experts at Us Magazine estimated the ring to be worth about $30,000. When interviewed, Reed justified her whirlwind romance by saying, “He’s the one.”
- When most people get engaged, they can’t wait to share the news with all their friends. But when sunny blond actress Kate Hudson got engaged to Keane rocker Matt Bellamy earlier this month, she went in for a scheduled Today show interview without saying a word. Only when the show’s host noticed her sparkling engagement ring did she break the news that Bellamy had proposed. The ring, which Hudson proudly showed off on the show, is a platinum engagement ring with an emerald-cut center diamond and tapered baguettes on each side. The ring is said to weigh 9 carats and be worth $200,000. Hudson also revealed that she is pregnant—she and Bellamy expect their first child together this summer.
- Celebrity DJ Mark Ronson took his proposal to French model-actress Josephine De La Baume one step further than most guys do when he popped the question earlier this month. Ronson actually had the yellow diamond engagement ring custom designed
to his own specifications, and then planned the perfect romantic proposal on a beach in France. Josephine was so overcome with excitement that she described herself to the local press as, “one of those annoying girls in a romantic comedy.”