The Top Seven Solitaire Settings
By Ashley Bailey , Thursday, October 21, 2010
Custom Allegro solitaire ring
1. The classic solitaire settings are classic for a reason—simple and secure, they provide diamonds with a perfect platform from which to sparkle. But with a solitaire engagement ring , the design is so simple that sometimes you want to opt for a setting that has just a little “something” extra going on. That unexpected detail will set your ring apart as a truly one-of-a-kind piece. Check out some of these creative and unexpected solitaire settings, culled from the Whiteflash archives.
Square hearts and arrows custom setting
2. This solitaire setting uses the bar setting as its inspiration, holding the square-cut center stone firmly between two diamond-accented bars. The surprise sapphires add a small touch of visual interest and sophistication.
0.82 Ct Custom setting glam ring
3. This unusual solitaire setting creates an optical illusion in which the center stone floats in the ring setting. It draws the eye to the center stone without overpowering it, and even makes the stone subtly appear larger than it is.
A Cut Above solitaire ring
4. This whimsical solitaire setting cradles the center stone in a delicately crafted white gold setting that resembles two hands. It is a creative and unusual take on a classic bezel setting, and the delicate-looking hands actually contain grooves that securely hold the diamond in place.
Custom Princess Cut Diamond Wedding Ring Set
5. The prongs on this solitaire setting hold the princess-cut center stone by its corners, giving it a dramatic, modern look and emphasizing its size. All eyes are naturally drawn to the center stone of this carefully designed-ring, and the solitaire setting suits the overall style of the ring perfectly.
Lily Diamond Engagement Ring Set
6. This dramatic solitaire setting puts a spin on the classic bezel setting, quite literally. By twisting the ring and moving the diamond in its secure bezel setting to the edge of the ring, the designer gave this solitaire ring a completely different look. Small accent stones add to the overall style without competing for attention.
Square cut diamond ring
7. Another variation on the bezel, this unusual setting makes a gorgeous focal point out of the square-cut center stone. By highlighting the bezel itself, this solitaire setting becomes a fashion statement without any additional stones or design elements.
For more specific questions ask our experts