By Ashley Bailey
, Thursday, October 01, 2009
Popping the question is tough, but finding a diamond engagement ring she’s been dreaming about can be tougher! The time has come for the man to make the most important purchase of his life and the options are girly? We’re not talking about his next sports car, we’re talking about the engagement ring for the woman he is settling down for.
If you’ve spent any time looking for rings, you will notice the entire experience is usually very uncomfortable for men. Many jewelers are NOT very man friendly.
The perfect jeweler would have the feel of a high end cigar bar. This is the type of treatment and atmosphere a man needs to make this type of decision. Not to mention, to drop this kind of money. It would be so easy to execute and I guarantee easy to market.
Here are the top things jewelers need to think about when helping men purchase diamonds:
1. Make the man comfortable from the start. Offer him education and guidance in diamond shopping
2. Tailor your sales staff’s approach to working with a man and guide him along the way!
3. Coach the guy on how to get hints on style from the bride to be or her friends.
4. Help them know diamonds, setting durability, and trends vs. tradition. Cut-Clarity-Color, Carat
5. Help him find ways to “secretly” find her ring size so that it fits on the big day!
6. Diamond and Jewelry Insurance- make sure to educate the man on his options.
Think overall experience for the man. He needs some guidance, relaxation, and of course pampering!
Grooms, please feel free to contact Whiteflash.com with questions, or to share your wedding tips and stories. When you’re done talking to us, head on over to The Man Registry and create your groom wedding registry.