Top 10 Must-Own Jewelry Classics
By Ashley Bailey
, Tuesday, April 28, 2009
By Ashley Bailey
, April 28, 2009
Some jewelry is trendy, sticks around for a couple of years and then disappears. But some jewelry is so timeless that it looks great no matter what the current trends are. Those pieces are great to have in your accessory wardrobe - they’ll allow you to accessorize almost any outfit in your closet!
In no particular order, here are my top 10 picks for the jewelry that every woman should own:
- A simple pair of diamond studs(or cubic zirconium or small faceted clear quartz if you’re on a tight budget). My diamond studs are my everyday earrings - they work equally well with jeans or a dress. Go plain, not to big and pick a metal color you like.
- Pearl necklace - again, if you’re on a budget, fresh water pearls are a great option at a fraction of the price.
- A simple gold or silver chain. You can add diamond pendants or charms, or just go plain. White gold and yellow gold are popular options.
- A cocktail ring. Cocktail rings also known as right hand ringscan add a great dash of glamour to an outfit - buy one that you love, it represents your personal style!
- Small hoop earrings. Hoop earrings are a great casual earring, and they’re one of those timeless designs that will be around forever.
- A statement necklace. Statement necklaces are for those occasions that call for high-impact style. Don’t go with trends - buy a necklace that’s going to last. On a budget? Check out Etsy or other indie jewelry shops for some great deals from upcoming designers.
- Simple gold or silver charm bracelet. I know some people may think this pick is a little odd, but charm bracelets can go from classic and timeless to bold and trendy. Go with a simple design and add just one charm (how about a pearl or a faceted glass stone?) for a fancy event.
- Quality watch - if you can wear a watch, they’re worth saving and getting a good-quality watch that shows your own personal style.
- A brooch or pin. Brooches can be a tricky accessory to pull off sometimes, but chose a simple style in silver or gold and you’ll be set with a classic.
- A statement bracelet. Like a statement necklace, a statement bracelet is for when you need to go bold with your personal style. Timeless picks include simple cuff bracelets or bracelets using faceted gems or glass.