Whether you are buying them for yourself or as a gift, diamond earrings are the stress-free choice—they always fit and they always look great. No matter the style, earrings, especially diamond earrings, flatter the face by elongating the neck and drawing attention to the eyes. This fall, look for these five top trends:
1) Drops Although you may see photos of celebrities with shoulder-grazing statement earrings, those giant pieces are often too ostentatious and uncomfortable for everyday wear. Drop earrings are an easier way to bring the style home. These elegant Diamonds By The Yard™ earrings suspend small diamonds
on a delicate white gold chain that can enhance any outfit.
Whiteflash by the yard earrings
2) Jewelry With a Conscience From those ubiquitous yellow LiveStrong™ bracelets to the Cartier Love™ bracelets worn by many celebrities, the tide has turned in recent years to jewelry that calls attention to (and raises money for) various humanitarian causes. Earrings are no exception. Wear your heart on your ear with these diamond, white gold and pink sapphire studs from the Dreams of Africa™ line. 100% of the profits from these conflict-free diamond
earrings will be donated to the World Centers of Compassion for Children International, bringing financial relief to children in Africa who are affected by the illicit diamond industry.
Earrings with colored diamonds
3) Pearls AMC’s award-winning show Mad Men™, set in the glamorous world of a 1960’s advertising agency, has ushered in a worldwide trend for early 1960’s sophistication. Along with Grace Kelly-inspired outfits and hairstyles comes a newfound appreciation for the simplicity and luster of pearl earrings. These fabulous earrings kick the glamour up a notch, suspending iridescent black pearls on white gold and diamond chains.
4) Studs When it comes to diamond earrings, studs can never go out of style. Even the smallest sparklers shining from your ears lend your entire outfit an air of sophistication and subtlety. These diamond earrings are especially glamorous, as they encircle the center stone with a jacket of smaller stones that maximize the “bling factor” without breaking the bank.
Three prong martini studs
5) Gold As seen on the Fall 2010 runways of designers from Balmain to Oscar de la Renta, gold is the new “it” color, and naturally, that applies to jewelry as well. Although gold has long been a favored earring choice for its hypoallergenic qualities, this season’s picks incorporate the drama and opulence of yellow gold in a more prominent way than ever. These intricate yellow gold and diamond hoops put an elegant spin on the classic hoop earring.
Gold earrings with diamonds